Save the date!
Spring and Summer Virtual Workshops
June 14–18, 2021
July 12–16, 2021
Share your expertise with other educators across the country by helping review, update, and create instructional resources for Tools for Teachers—the Smarter Balanced teacher resource website!
Complete the RSVP to let us know which virtual event(s) you are interested in.
- March 26: Registration closed
- April 15: Event invitations start being sent out from our event partner CCG. Be sure to check your junk folder.
- May 5: Event staff begin reviewing the wait list to invite additional participants as needed to meet event goals
- May 28: Registration closes for June Workshop
- June 1: June Workshop participants receive their team and content assignments
- June 25: Registration closes for July Workshop
- July 1: July Workshop participants receive their team and content assignments
View Draft Agenda
Note: If the June date conflicts with your school schedule, please RSVP for the July Workshop only as substitute pay is not available for these virtual events.
Who can attend?
Educators should meet the following qualifications:
- Currently certified or licensed in ELA/literacy, mathematics, English learners, or students with disabilities.
- Currently teaching in, or employed by, a public school, district, or state education entity, including higher education, located within a Smarter Balanced member state with Tools for Teachers access.
- Currently (or within the past three years):
- Teaching ELA/literacy or mathematics in grades 3 through 8 or high school or working in a classroom content support role such as a literacy or district or state content specialist;
- Teaching students with disabilities or English learners, in grades 3 through 8 or high school or working in a support role such as a district/school coordinator or instructional specialist;
- Working in a classroom content support role such as a literacy or mathematics coach/coordinator or instructional specialist; OR
- Working in a state assessment, accessibility, ELA/literacy or mathematics content role.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact your state assessment office for information about becoming an SNE.
Contact Smarter Balanced with questions about logistics and/or how to contact your state assessment office.