Save the date!
State Network of Educators Workshops
June 14–18, 2021
July 12–16, 2021
Check Back Later!
Share your expertise with other educators across the country by helping review, update, and create instructional resources for Tools for Teachers—the Smarter Balanced teacher resource website!
View Draft Agenda
Check out the draft agenda to get a glimpse at what a workshop looks like!
Complete the RSVP to let us know which virtual event(s) you are interested in.
- May 5: Event staff begin reviewing the wait list to invite additional participants as needed to meet event goals
- May 28: Registration closes for June Workshop
- June 1: June Workshop participants receive their team and content assignments
- June 11: SNE Training should all be completed for June Workshop
- June 14-18: June Virtual SNE Workshop
- June 25: Registration closes for July Workshop
- July 1: July Workshop participants receive their team and content assignments
- July 9: SNE Training should all be completed for July Workshop
- July 12-16: July Virtual SNE Workshop
Who can attend?
Educators should meet the following qualifications:
- Currently certified or licensed in ELA/literacy, mathematics, English learners, or students with disabilities.
- Currently teaching in, or employed by, a public school, district, or state education entity, including higher education, located within a Smarter Balanced member state with Tools for Teachers access.
- Currently (or within the past three years):
- Teaching ELA/literacy or mathematics in grades 3 through 8 or high school or working in a classroom content support role such as a literacy or district or state content specialist;
- Teaching students with disabilities or English learners, in grades 3 through 8 or high school or working in a support role such as a district/school coordinator or instructional specialist;
- Working in a classroom content support role such as a literacy or mathematics coach/coordinator or instructional specialist; OR
- Working in a state assessment, accessibility, ELA/literacy or mathematics content role.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact your state assessment office for information about becoming an SNE.
Contact Smarter Balanced with questions about logistics and/or how to contact your state assessment office.